These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog barks, when the bee stings, when you're feeeeeeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad. #true story.

1. Back to my roots. As many of you know, I was born and spent a lot of my younger years in Germany. From time to time, I get a hankering for some juicy sausage. Get your mind out of the gutter. So I got us some Brats this week. My mom was so kind to buy us some German Ketchup and Red Cabbage. We paired it with some beers and I was back to my childhood.... minus the drinking beer of course.
 

2. Shut Eye. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Partly due to stress, partly due to the alarm clock light, and partly due to Pinterest. It also doesn't help that I sleep a lot earlier than my night owl of a husband. No matter how quietly he tries to get into bed, he disturbs me in my deep REM cycle. (BTW, did you hear that REM broke up? I didn't even know they were still a band!) And when that happens... let's just say I get a bit grouchy faced. So, to solve this dilemma, I bought a eye mask, which my hubby so affectionately calls, my face bra, and some ear plugs.

 3. Early morning workout. Today, I did the unthinkable. I actually woke up early enough to fit in a workout. ::le gasp:: I felt pretty darn good. Since I'm too chicken sh*t to go out in the early morning darkness to run, I opted for a AT&T U-verse workout video. I found this lady that I'm totally smitten with. She's not the type of video trainer that is too coo coo for coco puffs nor the type that wants to eat your soul ::cough:: Jillian ::cough:: She's super motivating and I want to save up money to hire her as my personal trainer. What do you think a trainer to the stars charges now a days?
via
4. Quotes that make me giggle. This is me in a nutshell. I don't allow my husband to tickle me. I will straight drop kick anyone who tries.
Source: None via Joanna on Pinterest


5. Beauty. I have the worst hand when it comes to eyeliner, specifically liquid eyeliner. But, by golly, I hit gold and found one that I LURVE!!! If you can't tell by my shotty picture, this is Loreal's Carbon Black Lineur Intense. The felt tip makes it glide on with ease.... for sheeze.

  • Any favs from your week?


9 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie... I squealed when i saw your beer choice! Your brother and I are talking about going back to alpine village on his next day off. I want to walk around more this time and feel like I'm back in Germany!

    Maybe tonight while I cant sleep I will check out pintrest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE German bratwurts..yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the same eyeliner! Been using it for almost 3 yrs!! Yay!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to pick up that liner today. Thanks for the tip! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I was in Cost Plus today and I saw Curry Ketchup, and I wondered what it was. I am curious.

    Thanks for the eye liner recommendation. Your did a great job. I don't have the steadiest hand.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. An eye mask was one of the best purchases I've ever made, but yours is awesome!! I need a new one and I love that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curry Ketchup! The best! I'm craving authentic pomme fritz from Amsterdam now.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS