Part I: Birthday Spa and Spaghetti

I'm so rude. I forgot to mention a certain some one's birthday. Can't believe I forgot! Sonic celebrated his 4th birthday this month. Call us crazy, but we took him out for his birthday. We took him to Molly's Souper, which I've been meaning to do a California Eats on because it's sooo delicious and cheap!

It's nice because they have a little patio area specifically for pets! The waiters even serve the pups ice cold water! And best believe that have a menu full of yummy treats! Sonic was in heaven! He is a spoiled Mamma-Jamma! If you're wondering what he ordered, you're strange, but he had the Chloe's Chicken Catch-a-Catori. He gobbled it up in seconds. He would've eaten anything, seeing he eats weird things on his spare time...but who are we to judge other cultures.
Ok, so back to my birthday! I'm also a spoiled Mamma-Jamma! My actual birthday (Monday) was filled with texts and calls ( I love how Hubby's side of the family all sang happy birthday on our machine!) and literally over a hundred FB posts and Twitter wishes. Blessed is an understatement! Felt like the luckiest girl in the world! My friend Christine also went out of her way to make a fantabulous funfetti cake just for ME!!

 No no, you don't understand...this is a HOMEMADE Funfetti cake from scratch. If that's not friendship, I don't know what is. It was insanely good! No lie!

I also followed my tradition, which was started 4 years ago and went to Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. Sounds indulgent but I only go because You get in FREE for your birthday! How the heck can I NOT take advantage of that? That's what I'd like to know!

This is the Disneyland of Spas!
..Via..
My favorite person to go with is my mommy, but she couldn't get the day off. Boo for having a birthday on a Monday! So, my lovely friend Irish came with. We had a blast talking for hours, reading for hours, sitting in the pool for hours, and of course eating!

We shared a Salmon Salad and Chicken Nachos! I realize that Nachos aren't a Spa food but it's a birthday food so leave me alone!

After a whole day at the spa, my hubby took me out to dinner to one of my favorite places. Old Spaghetti Factory! I was craving Mizithra! (I hope this is what I crave when I'm preggos. That would be cool) We are going to leave our fancy dinner for this weekend on my birthday trip!
My Kuya, Katrina, and Sebby came along, too!

It was a perfect way to spend my birthday! I didn't even know what to wish for because I feel like I have all I can possibly want in life. Good family, good friends, and good food.

So, I just wished for more Mizithra.... DARNIT, I told you, that means it wont come true. Oh welps!

Birthday Celebration Part II coming soon... My friend/co-works will be taking me to a special lunch!

  • How did you spend your last birthday?

10 comments:

  1. lots of celebrating in your house! how fun to have a menu just for dogs? that spa looks ah-mazing! wow! for free?!? we love spaghetti factory too! I always want to get the mizithra, but I don't...now I will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I may take you up on that wedding advice :) I actually teach special ed- kids with autism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a great bday!!!!! And I can't wait to hear about your bday road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great birthday! My birthday is in one week (YAY!) and I'm thinking about making homemade funfetti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad I wore my gym clothes to deliver your cake.

    I fantasize about Glen Ivy nachos on a weekly basis. The best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birthday dinner looks awesome! But I'm REALLY jealous of the birthday spa day. We need a place like that around here! My pup is REALLY jealous of the dog friendly restaurant! We want to go somewhere like that! Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. food looks yummie!
    Fantastic photos!

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww sweet! That does look like THE perfect birthday to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Joanna, I'm so sorry for not being around to wish you a happy birthday on your special day. I'm so glad you had a fun day filled with so much love.

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Joanna! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday, the inside of the funfetti cake is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS