Carnitas and Cilantro Pineapple Pizza

You guys....brace yourself. I hit the mother load of pizzas. I tested this ridiculously scrumptious pie out and...whoooo NELLY FURTADO! Hubby and I were blown away by how DELICIOUS it was.

It was so delicious, we were shaking our heads and saying "Oh My GOD, this is good."  after each bite.

It was so delicious that when I ate the last piece for lunch today, I cried sobbed.

It was so delicious that I thanked God for blessing my life with all that I need...which is IN this pizza.

It was so delicious that I want to think of more reasons to blog but I can't right now because I'm at a loss for words.

Project Wifey Wife Week #17-The Savory
Carnitas and Cilantro Pineapple Pizza
Adapted from Costco Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 small onions; cut into thin strips
1 tsp olive oil
8 ounces shredded cooked pork carnitas
3 Tbs of softened butter
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1- 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks
1 1/2 cups crumbled Queso Frecsa
chopped cilantro
salt to taste

Are you ready for this, my friends?

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. I pre-made pizza dough using a basic recipe. Then I PUNCHED IT! Wah-Pow!
What could be "funner" than this?
Poke it and spread it out onto a greased pan...a cookie sheet will do just fine.

3. Saute onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Add the shredded carnitas and let them dance together until the meat is cooked through and the onions are nice and caramelized.
4. In the meantime, combine butter, cayenne pepper, chili powder and cumin in a small bowl. Brush butter  mixture over the pizza crust.
 5. Top the pizza crust with the carnitas mixture, pineapple chunks, and CHEEESE!

6. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melty and yummy. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro after you pull it out of the oven.

UGH! This picture brings back such great memories from yesterday. My tummy heart is broken. The only remedy would be to make this again. But no... I can't do it...I need to have some self control. I cannot have pizza twice in one week...because who the hell am I? A college frat boy?

Instead, I will cherish the moments I shared with this pie, my hubby, salsa and Tostitos chips with a hint of lime, and my peach iced tea. Ahh to be young again. Next week will be a new week...pizza quota will be reached.
That's Amore....

  • What are your favorite pizza toppings?

5 comments:

  1. Pineapple for sure!

    I laughed aloud at the Nelly Furtado reference... totally forgot about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! I can relate to everything in your bio. :) This pizza looks awesome, too! I love bbq chicken pizza toppings. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I have only tried homemade pizza once and it was a disaster. The dough just wouldn't flatten! Any tips you have would be appreciated. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another to add to the summer to-do list: make Irish this pizza ;)

    I love pineapple and jalapeno together as toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahahaha I love it! Yes college frat boys def eat pizza more than once a week for sure! This DOES look pretty delicious though!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS