Baking with the Seb-meister

I hate to brag, but Sebby is possibly the cutest little boy I've ever met. He will keep that status until I have my own little baby boy or until he becomes a stinky High School boy...which ever comes first.


















Yesterday I asked Sebby to bake with me. At first he said "YEAH NINANG (Godmother)!" But when Sergio came home, all he wanted to do was play Kinect.

Boys and their stupid stupid Xbox.























The Xbox is my nemesis at home. Hubs can play for hours on end and when he gets into tournament mode with his cousins.....oh boy....I'm a husbandless girl for awhile.

Anywho- I'm talking about Sebby now, not my husband's addiction to the box :)

After a bit of coaxing, I got Sebby to focus on me again and baking cookies. We made:

Project Wifey Wife  Sebby Seb Week 8:The Sweet-

Carrot Cake Cookies
(adapted from a recipe I found in the Rachel Ray Magazine)

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
2 cups fruit and nut granola<---I subbed my own favorite granola and raisins instead
1 cup corn flakes
granulated sugar for tops

1. Beat the butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes until creamy
















2. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and baking soda on medium speed until fluffy. Mix the flour in at low speed.

***This part is crucial...find a CUTE little one to help you stir. ***















3. Stir in the carrots













And the granola















and the cornflakes
and the raisins

4. Drop  heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Sprinkle with sugar ( I did cinnamon sugar) and bake for 15-20 minutes.


 
SOOO light and yummy!
Now, I have to warn you that these are not your "sweet tooth", sugar coma inducing type cookie. It's the light kind...so I thought it was ok to eat 2 or 7.

And we went a little crazy and tried adding peanut butter...you know...to broaden our cookie horizons.
I'm cooler than a Polar Bear's toenails....it was good.


1 comment:

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS