Sugar, Sugar, Oooh Honey, Honey

Well Hello there! I hope your hump day was great. Mine was c-c-cold. Here in So Cal, we went from 80+degrees to 50 degrees in one fell swoop. Now I'm fighting this cold. Thanks A LOT Mr. Weather. Do you believe a drastic change in weather can make a person sick?

My day started and ended with this: my left over egg whites that weren't used in the Carbonara, sauce that was left over, shmushed inside of a flaky croissant.... deeelish

I ate half for breakfast and half for dinner







Luckily it was a chillaxin type of day in the classroom. We did some work, then we did some of this...It's the Elementary Teacher in me...



























If you give a tough High Schooler a Sugar Cookie, he'll ask you for some frosting to shmear all over it.






















And if you give him some frosting, chances are he'll ask you for some sprinkles to go with it.




















Suckers for sugar cookies and candy canes, made a mess on the floor, covered their faces in frosting, giggled the entire time...I tell ya, First Graders and High Schoolers... exactly the same.
 


High Schoolers now-a-days act so "grown." It was nice to see them revert back to their own age for once.


Since it was yet another minimum day, T and I went for a long walk/sprint. Almost 45 minutes today in the cold wind. ::high five::

Oh Em Gee! When I left I went to Borders and ::le squeal:: Buy 2 cookbooks and get one FREE!!!

Hello LOVER!





















Cookie Bible... Sweet JesusMaryJoseph!

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those that can count and those that can't. Don't worry, the other book is in hiding until Christmas is OVA!


All this sugar had me cravin' so I made another batch of dessert from last night. Man o Man!

I promised you the recipe....so here it is. I got it from Giada. I want to be her friend.

Project Wifey Wife Week 3 Dessert:

Ingredients:

1 frozen Sara Lee Pound Cake
Butter
Drizzles of Honey
1 lime
1 lemon
1 orange
1/2 cup of Mascarpone Cheese
1/2 cup of light whipping cream
1 tbs of sugar
1 tsp or so of vanilla extract

1. Slice the pound cake and lay onto a baking sheet. Brush with butter and drizzle with honey.
Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees



















2. In the meantime, grate the lemon, lime, and half of the orange into a bowl. Squeeze the juices of the lemon and lime. Segment the orange and squeeze the juice from the membrane and discard. Save the orange segments for a yummy garnish.









































3. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix with a hand blender or whisk. Make sure you use a big bowl so it doesn't splatter all over you.... yes... it got all over me. Lesson learned.





















4. Get it a bit chilly in the fridge and when dinner is complete.. assemble and wow your guests.


















One of my NEW favorite desserts. If you love citrus type desserts, this is the man for you!

I'm off to bed now to hopefully sleep away this cold. Ugh... I hate being sick.

What Christmas activities did you do in school growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS